Kolkata, Nov 17 (UNI) A fire broke out at city’s tallest building The 42, located
at Chowringhee area this evening,
Polics said, flames were first noticed on the seventh and eighth floors of the
under construction 62-storey building at around 1715 hours.
Three fire tenders pressed into service and firemen fought for nearly half an
hour to bring the blaze under control, a fire official said.
He said due to high rise fire fighters faced problems. However, there was no
report of any causality in the incident.
DG Fire and Mayor Sovan Chaterjee visited the spot immediately.
“The fire has completely been brought under control very fast and no casualty
was reported in the incident,” Mr Chatterjee said.
“Primarily we are suspecting that sparks from welding machine touched nylon
made safety-net outside the building and ignited the fire in the under-construction
268-metre residential building,” Chatterjee added.
“We have started an investigation to know the exact reason of the fire,”a senior fire brigade official said.
The Insides Speak.